Abiding and dearly loved

 





Abiding and dearly loved

I am called to abide in Jesus, and I realise that I am dearly loved as I study the Song of Songs.

You are invited to drink of this revelation with me.


invited

My Lover calls me to come

Get up, my dear friend, fair and beautiful lover - come to me!

old is gone

My Lover declares the seasons have changed

Look around you: Winter is over, the winter rains are over, gone!

new has come

Spring flowers are in blossom all over. The whole world's a choir - and singing!

Spring warblers are filling the forest with sweet arpeggios.

Lilacs are exuberantly purple and perfumed, and cherry trees fragrant with blossoms. 

~ Song 2:10-14 (the Message)


He asks/invites AGAIN: Come to leave your seclusion, come out in the open ~ Song 2:14 (the Message)

Notice the same qualities of the Spring/New Season are in us according to Our Lover

Your voice is soothing and your face is ravishing ~ Song 2:14 (the Message)

a pleasant sound and physical beauty.

In the Message, she asks for protection from the foxes 'who would like nothing better than to get into our flowering garden' ~ Song 2:15 (the Message)


How does He do this?

He comes close. Intimately communing and feasting with us.


Belonging - My lover is mine, and I am his

Communion - Nightly He strolls in our garden

and Adoration - Delighting in the flowers until dawn breathes its light and night slips away.

Her earnest desire, my earnest desire:

Turn to me dear lover 

Song 2:16-17 (the Message)


All we really want is to gaze on His beauty to be face-to-face with Heaven's King, to taste the sweetness of the Almighty, drink deeply of Him, feel His kiss.

His love is fierce and unending...



                                                                                    xxx




Comments

  1. Song of Songs just goes to show how Romantic and beautiful Our God is. this is the OG Romance before Shakespere's Romance

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts