Abiding, simply abiding





Nothing can take me away...


Today, a beautiful song called 'Palm of your hand' has touched my heart and soul. Written by TRIBAL music by artists Jaye Thomas, Melody Noel Hernandez, Harvest Bashta, and Alton Eugene, 'Palm of your hand' perfectly encapsulates why and how we ABIDE in Christ: just by being in the palm of His hand

Here is the start of my reflections inspired by Scripture and this song on why and how we abide in Him. 

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. (John 15:9) (ESV UK*)

WHY ABIDE:

His love abides.

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)

HOW:

Simply dwell. Stay in the palm of His hand.

One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. (Psalm 27:4)

Arise, my love, my beautiful one,  and come away, (Song of Solomon/Songs 2:10) 

Mary... sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching (Luke 10:38-39)

...So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his. Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. (Hebrews 4:9-11)

Summary: What does it look like to Abide?

It looks like sitting at His feet, taking time (i.e. a whole day of Sabbath) to spend with Him, dwelling in His temple coming together with others to hear His Word, meeting Him on a walk, cycle, car ride, at work, around the family table, in a class, before you rise, and before you sleep. 

Eating, breathing, living in Him. 

Because He is all we have.

All we need.

X



*All Scriptures in this post are taken from the English Standard Version, Anglicised edition.

Photo of couple holding hands by Octavio Fossatti on Unsplash

Photo of baby being held by Jill Sauve on Unsplash edited to grayscale by the author of this blog

Comments

Popular Posts