Abiding in the vine

 Staying with Jesus

With great delight 'I sat in his shadow' (Song 2:3)


Being in His caress 

His left hand is under my head, and his right hand embraces me! (Song 2:6)


Come away with Him, on His way, in His land.

Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away. (Song 2:10)

'In the clefts of the rock, in the crannies of the cliff'(Song 2:14)

P'raps this is where the turtledoves dwell? Maybe it means she is to stay there with him. Maybe that means we are.


Belonging wherever He is.

My beloved is mine, and I am his (Song 2:16)

As I've been learning in 'Waymaker' attachment to Him is all we need. And all of life revolves around the turn. We must choose, I must choose to turn to Him to ABIDE in His presence, to sit in His shadow & drink in, deep, deep, of His delights. 


He is our hiding place.


He gives us to drink of His rivers of delights. (Psalm 36:8-9)


In His presence is fullness of joy and at His right pleasures forevermore. (Psalm 16:11)


Attachment to Jesus ❤️


Abiding in the vine

Sustain me with raisins (the vine's fruit)

'the vines are in blossom' (vs 13)

Catch the foxes for us, the little foxes that spoil the vineyards, for our vineyards are in blossom. (vs 15)

We must be vigilant if we want to bear the fruits of repentance of turning & being attached to Him*, stay in His Word and enjoy the seasons of blossoming.

Take every thought captive, cut off each connection that distracts us from loving Him first, dethrone every idol, and rebuke every lie which spoils or seeks to tamper with our vineyards, where the Lover of our Soul is growing His fruit in us.


Stay connected to the Vine, the source of life, Jesus. (John 15:9)


*See Ann Voskamp's WayMaker for the exploration of this topic that spawned this thought process


Edited on 04/03/23 to include this photo by Priscilla Du Preez

Comments

Popular Posts