Give your all to God

 Day 3 of writing my journal entries/reflections during meetings on the blog

Reflections such as:

 [See] 'the quiet smile & [hear] the gentle voice of my Father saying: Well done. 


Rawest worship comes when we have nothing left to give but our beings, nothing left to prove, nothing to offer.


Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. (Job 13:15)


Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation. (Habbakuk 3:17-18)


Though there are no cattle... though the fig trees and vines bear no fruit, 

though it all fails and I have nothing

I'm empty-handed,

yet I will praise You.

Yet I will take my joy in You.


Even now, You are my joy.


I need You alone.

Jesus, we fall down and lay our crowns, but also we shed our tears. We give our broken dreams, our bedraggled expectations, like hair, and we surrender it all to You.


Edited to include a photo on 04/03/23

Photo by Fuu J

Comments

Popular Posts